Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Gather: lesbian community under one roof

This Sunday I had a surprise treat when I was asked to sit in on a panel about The L Word. The panel is part of an event called "Gather" which happens every few months. I specifically talked about gender identity - and the event was awesome! Below is the amazing poster for the event - look for more posts about Gather in the future and check out the founder's blog, also named Gather.



All in all, I think a major conclusion about The L Word was that it brought queer folks together physically (in bars, one person's home, viewing parties) in a new way, and it meant we never had awkward pauses when meeting new people. Asking about The L Word was an easy way to begin any conversation!

1 comment:

Yolanda said...

This will not have effect in reality, that is what I believe.