Saturday, May 24, 2008

A Slow Death While I Pay Off My Debt

I'm about to upload a new post I've been working on about transgender identity, but I stopped to pay my bills first and got sidetracked. If a person goes into higher education, are visibly LGBT, if they are Brown or Black or generally perceived to be of color, if they are female, if they have a physical or mental disability, if you live in a rural community - hell these days if you a white man even - you are probably facing the same issues I am in terms of making ends meet.

In my quest to follow Suze Orman's advice I have been trying to secure balance transfers for all my debt so that it's nice and consolidated - although the idea of seeing all that debt together makes me queasy! I keep getting denied and this increasingly keeps me up at night as these gay-for-pay jobs are a little light on the "pay" end of things. In my internet wanderings to find other solution I came across this website, Feminist Finance, and have really enjoyed reading it. A self-identified feminist lawyer discusses financial issues and employment as well as some personal tid-bits. I have yet to see her identify racially or ability wise, but then i haven't read the whole blog either. At times her financial struggle seems to be the furthest thing from mine, but I appreciate her level-headed approach to an issue that is pure emotion for me. One of her more recent posts discussed the costs of a name change, I couldn't help but think of the transgender slant to that issue!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Terrific article! That is the type of information that
should be shared across the web. Disgrace on Google for now not
positioning this submit higher! Come on over and
seek advice from my website . Thank you =)
Feel free to visit my site ; Effects Photography

Anonymous said...

Hello! I realize this is sort of off-topic however
I needed to ask. Does operating a well-established blog like
yours require a large amount of work? I am brand new to blogging but
I do write in my diary every day. I'd like to start a blog so I can easily share my personal experience and feelings online. Please let me know if you have any recommendations or tips for brand new aspiring bloggers. Thankyou!
My page ; philippines

Anonymous said...

It's an remarkable post designed for all the internet viewers; they will take advantage from it I am sure.

Feel free to surf to my blog post: hakukonemarkkinointi

Anonymous said...

This blog was... how do I say it? Relevant!! Finally I have found something that helped me.
Thanks!

Here is my web page :: wii u rumors